SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

SIM HAVEN FLYING CLUB

G-GMDH

SIM HAVEN FLYING CLUB

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Jan 10, 2016 11:35 am

Great flight from Gloucester to Cardiff, time for a cup of tea and bacon butty.
    britfrog

Re: SIM HAVEN FLYING CLUB

Post by britfrog on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:34 pm

I am glad we changed the weather as it was hissing down with the clouds nearly on the ground, in reality before you guys arrived.
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:37 am

Nice day's flying.

Here are two photographs taking after we landed...

Last edited by G-MSJC on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Edit photos)
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:20 am

ahhhhh! so thats what the invisible Robin looks like!
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:46 pm

It may have been censored because of "the lady on the roof". ha ha Laughing Laughing Laughing
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Jan 12, 2016 9:51 am

Good to see someone flying the Robín. Its such an emblematic french AC.
    When i travel through Europe in my van I often find an airfield and stop to make food relax etc.
    And when it comes to tractoring gliders, the Robín is clearly the winner. You see them so many places in central europe.

I have the Lionheart version, ant I like it, I just find it annoying that basically all their small AC need so much rudder pedal to turn. I like that you need to use the pedal. its a nice feel, but they have overdone it IMHO. A 30 degree turn is pedal to the bottom and yoke all the way back to compensate. (The Pacer is the same) Besides that, the AC has very nice flight dynamics and is fast for the size.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Jan 12, 2016 5:44 pm

Hi DB, great to see you on the forum. Yes our Robin is the same as yours. Do you have a fix or tweak for that crazy rudder please? Cheers, M
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 pm

No unfortunately. I have tried changing things in the aircraft.cfg

Its been a while. Maybe I should try again and make the rudder area even larger but you´ll still need to compensate a lot with the yoke and thats actually what I dislike the most. I have told Mr. Lionheart, but he just avoided answering. rabbit

As I wrote, I like that you have to use the pedals to make a coordinated turn. Many addons, especially from Carenado and Alabeo are so rudder neutral, that the pedals are only for crosswind landings and more than 30 degree turns. The A2A Cherokee is very good in that (and most other) aspects.

Its a petty with the LH Robín because its such a sweet and very French AC and the rest of the flight dynamics are great. It sideslips like few other AC. Basically what I do is to turn gently and not look to much at the turn coordinator.

Last edited by donnybalonny on Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : me babbling)
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jan 14, 2016 10:26 am

THANKS DB for your comments. If you come up with anything post it on the forum please. Cheers, M
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:03 pm

In the AIRCRAFT CFG folder I changed in "AIRCRAFT TUNING" the TORQUE ON ROLL to 0.1, RUDDER TRIM EFFECTIVENESS to 1.0, RUDDER EFFECTIVENESS to 1.0 and in "AIRCRAFT GEOMETRY" I changed the RUDDER AREA to 2.7 and this did stop the aircraft from veering off the RW on powering up for take off.

PS. I found this evening RIKOOOO do a FREE ROBIN D 400 and I think it handles a little lighter on the pilot.

PPS. G-GSJC found an AEROSOFT version too which works OK.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 26, 2017 2:53 am