SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Orbx does yet another U turn

britfrog

Orbx does yet another U turn

Post by britfrog on Sat Jan 09, 2016 12:22 pm

Whist I do like a lot, the orbx small airports, i no longer subscribe to them as Orbx seem to be concentrating on the US where i no longer fly (except Fla) it has come as rather a big surprise therefore to find JV doing yet another U turn , in taking on a team to make Stockholm Arlanda airport. Now I have to say I was a great fan of their Melbourne and especially Brisbane airports so was quite disappointed when JV pulled the plug on large airports, (apparently due to the difficult job of making a large airport that didnt bring our p.c's onto its knees) unless this is a one off, hopefully though they will make others. However they did leave the door open for quite a few years and other companies have set up camp and pushed the parameters of design even further so it will be interesting to see what indeed they produce this time round.
    donnybalonny

Re: Orbx does yet another U turn

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:55 pm

Well, there is already a Stockholm Arlanda Airport ny Aerosoft.
    Didnt Orbx have any other ideas?
    Personally, I´m not really into these big airport projects or single airfields spread over a huge area. I would like some packages with 5 - 10 secondary airports and or airfields covering a certain area. That would be much more interesting from my point of view. Aerosoft used to make packages with a bunch German airfields but they never finished the project. But it was a good idea. Also their german airport packages gave you 4 - 5 midsize airports in one package and it was great.

Current date/time is Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:32 am