SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Help request for mission development

ddavid

Help request for mission development

Post by ddavid on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:47 pm

Hi guys - well, you know I'm no expert on commercial jets, real or virtual, but I'd like to ask for some assistance in preparing for a mission. Here's the basic concept:
    1. Mission starts at gate - Player is the PiC.
    2. Optional start up with checklist. Now, this is a problem for me as I normally hit CTRL+E (!!) but I'd like to add a reasonable amount of realism at this point. I don't want the full PMDG treatment, but a few (say half a dozen 'clicks' and checks would be good - checks would be accommodated by mission logic, assuming those sim variable 'checkable').
    3. Request to taxi/take-off using ATC dialog - straightforward enough?
    4. Assume IFR flight plan so option of GPS to take Player's aircraft to cruising altitude. Here, I'd like to add in some fairly realistic dialog between Captain and Co-Pilot - if that makes sense - to make the flight a bit more realistic. Most 'tube-liner' missions are silent - I'd like some coherent office chat, or whatever! Maybe a more 'manual' approach using nav aids and radio would be better here - particularly if the dialogue supports this.
    5. At some point, things go awry - nothing serious like total engine/hydraulics failure - but more like a disruptive passenger or medical situation? In this situation there might be 2 or 3 options for the Player to choose between. This might be to land at the nearest suitable airport, continue normally, throw passenger out (well, perhaps not), etc.
    6. ... and so on...
    If you have any suggestions I'd be more than grateful. If you'd like to help with testing, even better.
    Please let me have your thoughts!
    Thanks - Dai. Cool
    britfrog

Re: Help request for mission development

Post by britfrog on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:55 pm

Dai i think i may be of some help here, perhaps we can have a skype session some time to knock ideas around?
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks, mate - will consult the social diary and find some time!!
    Cheers - Dai. Cool

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:30 am