SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Simhaven Multiplayer Steam Server now online

britfrog

Simhaven Multiplayer Steam Server now online

Post by britfrog on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:46 pm

We have finally created the ability to hold multiplayer sessions in both FSX and FSXSE , Still it took some doing but we are finally there.Today at times we had over15 a/c flying on my p.c. and three of them were f18's doing crazy airos (and crashes) using the steam server, mosy enjoyable , with any luck it will bring us more members especially if we make it members only ??? we shall see.
    britfrog

Re: Simhaven Multiplayer Steam Server now online

Post by britfrog on Fri Jan 08, 2016 6:30 pm

well I have watched the loonacy for 2 nights now , and whilst it is amusing to watch, it is not the environment to conduct a reasonably correct flight with a group of "serious" simmers. So I think inevitable that we shall have to password the server to retain some modicum of normality and control. Besides we may gain the odd new member who enjoys simming in the same manner as us, who knows? If we do go password only it will be published here.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Jan 09, 2016 11:29 am

Having recently experienced multiplayer in FSX based in the London area and sitting on the taxiway watching 747 and other big stuff flying upside down just above the main RW and then doing aerobatics I pondered on what I had connected to. I had to wait for ages to taxi to the RW and eventually take off and the same for a safe landing. It was not an enjoyable flight as I had to be very aware of all the other "go fast" loop the loop 747's and was relieved to make a safe landing and taxi well away from this ciaos.

So YES I agree Nigel PASSWORD PROTECT our Sim Haven Flying Club but PLEASE DO NOT publish it on the forum for these sorts to join us.

M
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:49 am

I hear what you are saying Mike, we have to bear in mind those that might not speak the queens inglish Smile It was a nice flight yesterday , a shame i had to go and walk the dogs, The big fellow just sits right next to you and stares at you , and you can only take that for a while he emits such vibes.

However the next task is to identify the a/c that we want to use and make sure everyone has a copy , so we can avoid the likes of the invisible DR400.

The scenery is not so important, because some of us can run some pretty heavy stuff when others cannot
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:01 am

Okay, now up and running FSXSE. I still like my box set though and not uninstalled as yet. I feel more "independent" using it the box set. Steam makes me feel someone is always watching, controlling and knowing!!! Suspect What was that affraid
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:13 pm

I too see no improvements whatsoever comparing the "old FSX" to the "new FSX Steam". With my recent experiences on Steam multi player it looks to me that Steam will end up with loads of 747 aerobatic young pilots and the serious "simmers" may stick with using the good old boxed version of FSX Acceleration as I for one have never had any problems with it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:57 pm