SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Windows 10

G-GMDH

Windows 10

Post by G-GMDH on Mon Jan 04, 2016 12:37 pm

Before you jump read this.......................

http://www.cockpitbuilders.com/community/index.php?topic=5452.msg39465
    G-MSJC

Re: Windows 10

Post by G-MSJC on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:04 pm

Well I can only speak as I find. I have been running Win 10 for a good 6 months now on my desktop computer. I resisted upgrading on my laptop because of all the scare stories and to give Win 10 a good test. My laptop is where most of my important work is,

Well, all I can say is I have had one or two small issues with Win 10 but not as many as I have had with Win 7. Win 10 runs smoothly with all the programs including FSX.

If they are "spying" on me through the operating system (although I should have nothing they would be interested in), then I certainly don't know about it. However, if I catch them, it will be on Facebook, Twitter etc and a complaint will go to the EU under privacy rules. I would expect everyone else to do the same.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Jan 06, 2016 6:52 pm

whilst i do like certain aspects to win10 and have had it since last february, i can say with absolute certainty that my recent crash and loss of 2 hard drives through corruption was 100% the fault of win10. I have resurrected one drive as FSXSE and was considering doing like last time and have P3D on win10 , but the fact that I like certain aspects is far outweighed by the lost info and the days and days of work , no weeks!! required to resurrect one disk so win 10 is a no go for me sadly, just call me a dinosaur.
    G-MSJC

Post by G-MSJC on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:27 pm

Yes Mike did inform me of your troubles with Win 10. If I had gone through the same, I would be close to topping myself. That's why I did say "I only speak as I find".

I still haven't converted to Win 10 on my laptop because of the problems you and others appear to be having with it.

So, my post is merely an observation of my experiences, rather than anything else.

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:50 pm

the other aspect i didnt like was the inability to put off or stop updates, this was most annoying as it would do it at the most inconvenient times, like when you are watching a film , all of a sudden it starts buffereing , deep joy , or when you are trying to download a big file , it wants too as well, and then sometimes you fire it up and there is a whole mass of new stuff you have never seen before. I think the thing that concerns me is their new right to distribute all your info to any other m.s company without your say so, they have installed a key push detector in win10, like some viruses do,  and all this info is sent back daily to m.s. as long as it stays with them then i guess it is ok but when you start getting emails from unknown companies about certain things attached to your p.c it starts to make me nervous, especially if someone hacks this info from one of m.s's less secure companies. like you I have nothing to hide, but this new windows seems to be accelerating the arrival of 1984, if you combine the info we have given them plus what they can glean from facebook pages which now have face identification!!! and other social sites, some bugger somewhere is building a huge data base on us all. Paranoid??? not really, not yet, but perhaps a bit, should this info get into the wrong hands then what?.
    one has to go back to the primary question, "why has M.S given their biggest earner (windows) away free ??? someone has to be footing the bill (NSA, FBI??)  or they are going to overnight pull the carpet from under us and slap us all with a membership charge starting next year?

There aint no such thing as a free meal !!

just where windows 10 is taking us will be interesting, but we must beware the fairy Godmother

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:42 pm