SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

BACK TO UNIVERSITY

G-GMDH

BACK TO UNIVERSITY

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:02 pm

Embry–Riddle Aeronautical University is a non-profit independent institution offering more than 70 baccalaureate, master's and Ph.D. degree programs in its colleges of Arts & Sciences, Aviation, Business, Engineering, and Security & Intelligence, through online programs and in USA campus sites.

Called "the Harvard of the Sky" in an article in Time Magazine in 1979, Embry–Riddle's foundations go back to the early years of flight. In 1925 Talton Embry & John Riddle founded the Embry-Riddle Company at Lunken Airport in Cincinnati, Ohio & 1926 the company opened the Embry-Riddle School of Aviation.
    In 1939 Riddle, now living in Miami, Florida, found a partner in John G. McKay and his wife Isabel they re-established the Embry-Riddle School of Aviation, partnering with the  Miami university  to provide flight training under the Civilian pilot training program increasing the number of pilots immediately preceding WW2

The on-line 12 week course is comprised of a module per week. These cover all aspects of aviation including aerodynamics, navigation skills, weather, with tests after each section requiring at least an 80% pass mark before proceeding to the next module. It is possible to re-take a test to complete the course. At the end of the exam a pdf certificate is issued for your records. Here is the link: http://www.erau.edu/
    britfrog

Re: BACK TO UNIVERSITY

Post by britfrog on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:55 pm

E.R. are as synonymous to flying as American Express is to American travelers , they are very good, but not cheap.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Dec 29, 2015 1:58 pm

I have very much enjoyed doing this aviation course so much so that I have also enrolled on the "Unmanned Aerospace Systems" which starts in the New Year. M
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:41 pm

nothing like keeping the grey matter working m8 although I am finding resurrecting my p.c. challenging enough for the moment, however I am willing to join you on unmanned airspace systems if using a water filled pressurised rocket counts:)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:52 pm