SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Is this the first aircraft released on Steam only?

donnybalonny

Is this the first aircraft released on Steam only?

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:17 am

http://aeroplaneheaven.com/product_aztec.php

It wont be released anywhere else.
    britfrog

Re: Is this the first aircraft released on Steam only?

Post by britfrog on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 pm

I used to own an aztec D , G-AXOG which was a beautiful plane to fly , so docile and a real load carrier, far ,far better than a seneca could ever dream of being.
    It just saddens me that this looks like an fs9 model updated the quality is pretty poor.

\on the other hand Careado is making an aztec F which looks much better, but nothing like a D , the D was the best of them for me , the only way the F was better was that it had the flaps linked to the elevator so when you lowered the flaps you didnt get the great big Balloon that you do with a D.
    So I lve in hope that someone does a good repro of a D model
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:47 pm

I have very mixed feelings when it comes to Aeroplane Heaven (AH)
    Many of Justflights AC are made by AH.
    On the good side, they are normally cheap and they tend to fly well. Having good inmersion, good feel. They also make 'different' addons which I like.
    On the bad side, they tend to be buggy and slow with patches.

I´m not going to get this one, but on my next AH product, I will wait untill they have solved the issues.

Yeah, The Carenado/Alabeo Aztec looks good, which is normal, but they tend to be very 'sterile' addons IMHO.

I cant imagine you will get another 'D' version for a long time.
    There´s a lot of small twins on the market, and this one comes in two versions by two different devellopers. I can imagine that A2A is working on a small twin as well. It would fit into their product line. (cessna/piper/cessna/piper etc forever) Cool tongue
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:27 am

I agree with you DB their a/c fill a spot but they are never very well done, it is the reason i never buy anything from just flight, however as you say no-one else now will be interested in making another aztec. I think A2A will make the twin commanche next, after their single commanche was so well received, time will tell. Their planes are not perfect though, the 172 was rubbish , the cherokee very good, the 182 OK but like the 172 has the wrong engine sounds, which is why I havent bought the comanche.
    It is a shame that Carenado/Alabeo dont make more of an effort with their flight dynamics and a few other details as visually their a/c are quite good, maybe they will make a twin com which has a fearful reputation of being a widow maker when abused or flown with a single engine, if that laminar flow wing lost lift it would take you 1500 feet to get the plot flying again, if you were lucky.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:01 am

I dont fly small twins so much. mainly because of the bad look to the sides.
    When I do, its mostly the Milviz 310. It has a good amount of soul and you can actually see something over the engines because of the design.
    I have the realair piston Duke, but it has been installed for a while. I simply find the design to be to ugly and the engines take up all views to the sides.

There´s a small rumour about A2A and a Ted Smith Aerostar. Now that would be something different. Very fast and with good views. Lets see what happens. Its been half a year since the Comanche.

I like 30th/40th aircraft, so i bought the JF Lockhead Electra. Its pretty I think, but it had so many bugs that I decided not to use it because it was annoying. out of 3 navigation instruments, 1 sometimes worked. After the first patch, the one that worked sometimes now work the other two still dont and the autopilot works, but the clickspots are so bad that its really complicated to use. ETC ETC and it takes forever for them to fix the airplanes if they ever do. I´m very tired of being a paying beta tester. The AH Swift (I like small taildraggers more than everything else for a short flight) uninstaller totally errased my P3D effects folder. It was empty after uninstalling the swift (which had to many bugs as well)

britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:48 am

its interesting to see that ones man's meat is anothers poison, I rather like the duke, however in reality the plane is a freaking nightmare to own as the whole rear end is made from magnesium, which corrodes at an alarming rate if not properly maintained, and in most cases needs replaceing at huge cost.

The aerostart is another of thos marmite a/c ,to fly in one , you have to climb over the main spar which goes right through the fuselage, yes it is quite quick but is another a/c that is horrendously expensive to maintain

Hence my love for an aztec!!

however back to the sim, It is rare to find any decent a/c that are made by private individuals, back in FS9 there were quite a few visually nice a/c made by some reputable devs, but the arrival of fsx destined most of them to the history pages , yes you can get a pretty good piper cub or the odd a/c but generally speaking even the likes of wilco, just flight, abacus,flight 1 rarely make a good a/c , most at best are very over rated and ordinary.

there are hundreds perhaps thousands of a/c available for fsx but the really good ones you can count on both hands.

I very nearly bought the new tornado which was being flounted as a "study" a/c and certainly the development photos seemed to bear this out however when i went to buy it i saw the "real" photos of the cockpit and they were really naff, nothing like the ones on early release, so I didnt buy it.

I, like DB, think that many companies take the michael by not only expecting us to be their "free" beta tester, but also "selling " the product with a Eula that they think, effectively means that you never own the product, yes I know these eulas have no value in court, but they still insist on including them, hey I bought it , it is mine to do what i want with it.

Rant over Smile
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:52 pm

Nigel, I actually like the simulation of the realair Duke. I like the way it flies. I just find the design to be very uggly. But thats just my esthetical taste and nothing else.

And fortunately, in the sim world, price of maintainance is irrelevant. Its only about purchase price.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:30 am

"there are hundreds perhaps thousands of a/c available for fsx but the really good ones you can count on both hands."

There are many overrated and many bad ones, i agree, but maybe wee all consider what is good in different ways. And I´m not so sure you would like what I like. Smile

These days I fly: Milviz C310, Alabeo C207, LionHeart Robin DR400, GAS Davis D1 and the jewel is the Coolsky DC9 (I normally fly the A2A pipers as well, but its been a while)
    What do you fly?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:04 am