SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

What slows the loading of our flightsim?

donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:13 am

So as the title says

I´ve reinstalled FSX-SE because it was loading very slow, sometimes it even didnt even get to the start screen and loading the flight took ages.
    It has happened before, but not this bad.

I know that the more scenery/AC I have installed, the longer it takes. But I had few AC installed and I used the scenery config editor to untic the scenery I wasnt going to use. So I believe it was something else.

Any ideas?
    britfrog

Re: What slows the loading of our flightsim?

Post by britfrog on Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:45 pm

I think it is mostly down to the amount of scenery that you have activated with a tick in the scenery manager. James's is much quicker than mine.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:45 pm

Try deleting the fsx.cfg in "hidden folders" and then open FSX Flight Sim and it will build a NEW fsx.cfg that usually fixes most problems.

M
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:05 am

britfrog wrote:I think it is mostly down to the amount of scenery that you have activated with a tick in the scenery manager. James's is much quicker than mine.

Thats what most people say, but, if you untic all addon scenery, then the sim should load just as if it was recently installed and thats not the case.
    I agree that the more scenery that is ticked, the longer it takes, but something else happens as well.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:31 am

It could also be either, you need to defrag or Microsoft has installed a spy that sends every key stroke to Seattle.  check the latest updates and delete them back off.  Then switch update to never..
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:50 pm

My FS computer is a no-update zone, so it cant be that. I followed your advices earlyer this autumn.
    And I defrag every once in a while.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:10 pm

Perhaps you are using cheap coal, if you buy Welsh steam coal then you may get it to go faster.. Basketball
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:51 am

Well, now with a fresh install and fresh spanish coal, its all very fast, I was just wondering how to avoid this in the future.
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:36 pm

donnybalonny wrote:Well, now with a fresh install and fresh spanish coal, its all very fast, I was just wondering how to avoid this in the future.

Don't install anything! Vanilla FSX loads and runs like a dream but the moment you introduce an add-on it slows down.

But then it wouldn't be fun, would it?!?

Cheers - Dai. Cool
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:49 pm

Mine has slowed to such a crawl I can walk to London and back before FSX loads. Me thinks Naughty Microsoft have been up to something. So a complete new reinstall for the weekend looks to be the workload..
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:05 pm

I thought you just reinstalled everything?

No, vanilla fsx would not be fun.
    A few years ago when I was still using FS2004, there was a guy on the flightsim.com fs9 forum that once in a while wrote (and he never wrote anything else) that the problems that others had was due to the use of addons.
    He always used FS2004 vanilla and the Default Mooney Bravo. Nothing else.

I actually envy him for being able to enjoy that. His life must be so much easyer.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sat Dec 05, 2015 9:52 am

it is interesting, I never defrag ! havent for years, and i install all the updates, ok some may be 6 months old as i only update when i think about it but i did find sometime ago that if i didnt update then the computer started to do weird things . and I run an antivirus all the time, and i generally put fsx in its default place in program (86) library.
    so there 's some food for thought
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:39 am

I'm using Win 7 and awhile ago for whatever reason the computer changed it settings and downloaded a shed full of updates (I have them normally SWITCHED OFF). The result of these updates was to bring my non NASA style computer to its knees.

Spent a weekend deleting all the updates and the computer was back to its normal performance.

For what its worth I use the old boxed version of FSX Acceleration and have never had any problems in Win XP and now Win 7.

M

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:07 pm