SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Orbx versus FSET

britfrog

Orbx versus FSET

Post by britfrog on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:48 am

I thought this morning I would play devils advocate having seen some of the orbx pictures of Welshpool so went and looked at what I had scanned some months ago and compare it with the orbx view

see what you think but I think orbx is better than my scan ----Just Smile

Mike fancy putting some 3D trees around here?
    jaydor

Re: Orbx versus FSET

Post by jaydor on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:00 pm

So ORBX does use potoscenery, but re-texture to their house colors. If they did Global to that standard then ...................... but then?
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:11 pm

J I think it is only in rare cases that they use photscenery, this was a binned basket case left half finished by another dev team that someone picked up and ran with, it is slightly better IMHO than photoscenery combined with UK2000 but interestingly enough I have orbx people walking around the airport in my uk2000 version so they must have had it planned in the wales scenery and it never came into fruition. Sadly for orbx I think Welshpool is an airport rarely visited by simmers, even uk ones, so no doubt it will be on sale soon, which is sad as someone has put a lot of work into it.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:18 pm

My amateur attempt at Welshpool with FSET using satellite images courtesy of Virtual Earth and UK2000 airfields.

I found a neat trick of editing the UK 2000 airfield to get rid of their terrible ground image.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:53 am