SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

LLanbedr ti Liverpool via Caernarfon and RAF Valley

britfrog

LLanbedr ti Liverpool via Caernarfon and RAF Valley

Post by britfrog on Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:51 pm

we had a really interesting flight today departing Llanbedr and following the coast all the way past Bardney island, where progress came to a halt as Jaydor had a major malfunction , so as Mike and I circled the island for some time Jaydoe tried to fix the problem with a hammer. As we were getting dizzy we arranged for Jaydor to reconnect at Caernarfon and by the time we arrived there he had the plot fixed. A brief flight to Vallet where we landed briefly was followed by a flight to Liverpool airport , however as the Mersey approached , so did the bad weather and the going became quite interesting. Mike lead us in and gave us a chilling commentary on just how bad the weather had become, by now it was blowing a gale with a strong crosswind component in it and very rough. Mike had trouble keeping it on the taxiway and I think my third landing was the best, as for Jaydor well------- he did get it down ok but things turned upside down after that Smile
    Still we had a really good flight of around 2 hours and we were all impressed at the weather that the Finnish server threw at us

Here we are on the ground at John Lennon airport, sorry Speke airport catching our breath

jaydor

Re: LLanbedr ti Liverpool via Caernarfon and RAF Valley

Post by jaydor on Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:49 pm

By the time I got down it was a bit less sunlight left, as you can see:

But after my nose dive into the taxiway; the result of a heavy gust of wind, my fellow flyers could not stop laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing .  They patched me up with a spare quilt and we had time for a cuppa.. Then I caught the train home..
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Nov 29, 2015 8:00 pm

But after my nose dive into the taxiway; the result of a heavy gust of wind, my fellow flyers could not stop laughing.

James, you shouldn't have eaten that cheese and onion roll for lunch!!!!!
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:45 pm

It's still windy Mike.. lol!
    ddavid

Post by ddavid on Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:44 pm

Sorry I missed this, guys - doing some eco-terrorism in London at the climate change march...

See you next time, I hope!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

P.S. Hope it was Caerfili, James bach!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:55 pm