SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Carefull with FSPilotshop and paypal

donnybalonny

Carefull with FSPilotshop and paypal

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:21 pm

I bought a product at FSPilotshop.
    I payed with paypal. Normally, after paying, you are send back to the site and can download your product. This time, I was send back to the shopping cart. I checked my account, nothing new there, I waited some hours, and nothing changed, so I send FSPilotshop a mail.

Here´s the answer:
    Thank you for contacting FSPilotshop.com. We do apologize for the inconvenience and trouble you've had with your purchase. We are aware of the problem and have corrected the PayPal purchase process on our site. We will be researching all received payments and matching them up to the orders received by our site. Those that are missing, we will be adding to your account on our site if possible.

Typically the products you attempted to purchase will remain in your shopping cart and if they are in your cart, we can try to proceed with the order. If they are not, we will be unable to complete the order for you manually.

Duplicate Payments will be refunded as soon as possible.

We will close this ticket. If you need to reply, you can do and and the ticket will re-open automatically."

I find it to be totally unacceptable that they dont give a solution, that they use words like 'we will be unable to complete the order for you manually' and 'Those that are missing, we will be adding to your account on our site if possible.'

I have contacted them again, but i would like to know what others think.
    britfrog

Re: Carefull with FSPilotshop and paypal

Post by britfrog on Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:12 pm

I hate buying online because if it goes wrong you cannot speak to anyone and you never feel that the online vendors take your complaint seriously, the same can be said for paypal.
    There is no replacement for the one on one conversation by telephone consequently i will only purchase from companies that register their telephone numbers and their full (real) address on their website. The problem is , so many of these "retailers" have an office in a converted garage at home, and regularly go phut, frequently with peoples money. It is long overdue that retailers have to realise that a page of FAQ's does bugger all except exasperate the situ, and i am sure that before long legislation must be brought in to protect the online buyer and these fly by night enterprises will have to tow the line.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:07 pm

Nigel, there is a ton of legislation, consumer offices etc. problem is that it takes a lot of your energy and time, so most, incl. myself, dont do anything. (how often do your bank cheat you?)

The reply from FSPilotshop is saying that maybe I will get my stuff... Nothing else

What would you do in my situation?
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:58 pm

donnybalonny wrote:
    What would you do in my situation?

Never buy from there again.. Vote with your wallet, shop elsewhere.. Smile
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:41 pm

Ok, things found their place. After 36 hours i got my download available.

Yeah, dont buy there, Dont buy at Justflight, dont buy at amazon, dont have a bank, etc. Unfortunately, its the way our "modern" world works.
    Being an asshole rules.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:27 pm

Its not all doom and gloom though some suppliers get it right.....................

I purchased "Airport Enhancer" ages ago and thought I had backed it up. I then rebuilt my PC and tried to re-install the software and it wasn't having it.

Over the weekend I contacted Cielosim for help. Well to cut a long story short they went out of their way and couldn't have been more helpful.

So full marks to Alex Ranc the founder of the company for a first class "after sales service".

M

PS Ordered a new car battery (48 AH) from Amazon Italy, it arrived in less than 48 hours of ordering and delivered to my gate for 40 euros!!!!!
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:15 pm

G-GMDH wrote:Its not all doom and gloom though some suppliers get it right.....................

PS Ordered a new car battery (48 AH) from Amazon Italy, it arrived in less than 48 hours of ordering and delivered to my gate for 40 euros!!!!!

That's not a bad delivery speed @ 1amp per hour.. Basketball
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:35 am

credit where credit is due Amazon take a lot of beating, i use them for a load of stuff, that one initially would not think they would sell.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah Nigel, so do I, but they are exactly the kind of company you said you disliked with no telephone, no mail adress, no physical adress etc.
    So what do you want?

With respect of FSPilotshop, I will buy there another time (if the price is right), but I wont use paypal.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:01 am