SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

LG monitor wont start

britfrog

LG monitor wont start

Post by britfrog on Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Not a cry for help but an offer of help.
    should you have an LG monitor, sooner or later it will stop firing up and the led stays yellow, or it may take many attempts before it deigns to do as required and produce an image. Before you go out and spend lots of ill gotten gains dismantle the monitor , the outer bezel is simply clipped into place, and take it all to pieces and remove the circuit board (5 minutes)
    On the circuit board you will see 5 capacitors, at least 2 will show signs of swelling up. Taking a note of their voltage go online to amazon and order a bag of them ((£5 for 15) and they will turn up in a couple of days from Hong Kong.
    Simply unsolder ALL the capacitors and replace them (an hours work ) , failure to replace all the capacitors will only guarantee that you repeat this process a few weeks later to replace those that you didnt the first time round (as I had to do!!)
    and then put it all back together
    yeah I know 24 inch monitors are cheap already nowadays but this is a lot cheaper, plus you get the satisfaction of showing off how smart you are to swmbo, and swmbo is extra happy because you havent spent her housekeeping money
    ddavid

Re: LG monitor wont start

Post by ddavid on Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:50 pm

Soldering iron - respect to that man!

My 22" LG was 2nd hand 6 years ago - may need that advice - Thanks!

Cheers - Dai. Cool

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 am