SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

the ugliest tiles ever downloaded in FSET

donnybalonny

the ugliest tiles ever downloaded in FSET

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:38 pm

OK, lets see if you can find some tiles that are worse than these:

I wanted to make an area around Sevilla, where there are a few little airhispania airports, so I downloaded some 1m/pix tiles using google as provider.
    Does it get any worse. I hope not, because this is really poor quality. Where do they get their images and who spilled redwine over my pc-screen?  (that red area is very big)

britfrog

Re: the ugliest tiles ever downloaded in FSET

Post by britfrog on Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:59 pm

that is pretty bad, i dont think i have seen anything quite that bad
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:01 pm

That's what MSE Germany looks like..  Sad

It's like the sun was shining for the bright tile and overcast for the rest, except the red moon was shining for the red one.. Smile
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:06 pm

Hi DB,

Yes their horrible images. I had a similar download in Cornwall in the UK, just a small area. However I found if I re downloaded in 0.5M/PIX the images were perfectly OK. You can test it first in FSET by zooming in to ZERO as this is equivalent to the 0.5M/PIX resolution.

Cheers, M

PS Just tested for you and the images in GE are rubbish. I tested VE and they are OK.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Tue Nov 03, 2015 11:20 pm

I downloaded some Bing for the Sevilla region as well and---- hm... well. There are some decent parts, a bit mushy, but acceptable. But there are also parts with fields that are so dark green that its almost black.

My conclusion right now is that its not about choosing to make photoscenery a place you want to fly, but to make it a place where the images are worth doing it.
    I was lucky with Denmark, The Google images that Nigel used for East Denmark are very good and bing is good or acceptable in the rest of the country.
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:03 am

Its very much the luck of the draw, i found when scanning the bahamas if i zoomed in I could get a different layer from time too time, especially if there are clouds in the way

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:05 pm