SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

MagasceneryEarth versus amateur FSET

donnybalonny

MagasceneryEarth versus amateur FSET

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:41 pm

So, I wanted to check MSE, it was on 50% sale + 10% tuesday discount + I had a 5,-$  discount, so I bought New jersey for 4,- €. Cheap, yes, but wooooww is it bad.
    I wrote a mail to PCaviator:

Hi, I purchased MegasceneryEarth New Jersey yesterday and its the WORST scenery I have ever bought.
    How can sell this? I know what photoscenery is. I sometimes, when I have the time make my own.
    In order to understand what I´m saying I have added a link below to a screenshot, I compiled a small piece of New Jersey using FSET 1m/pix 80% compression (medium quality) altitude is 2500feet AGL.
    To the left, MegasceneryEarth to the right Amateur photoscenery.
    Judge yourselves.

This is insultingly poor quality. It is so ugly. colors are ugly and resolution is horrible. Have they no shame or what? I mean I will NEVER buy anything from them again.
    G-GMDH

Re: MagasceneryEarth versus amateur FSET

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:48 pm

DB, Many thanks for sharing your experiences with us. The "professional" scenery is absolute rubbish and I would not give it computer space. Your home made FSET scenery is 1000 times better.

You are covered under European Law and you are legally entitled to your money back in full as the product does not meet with your expectations plus the seller has a duty of care.

So go for it and get your well earned money refunded.

Cheers, M

donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:21 pm

Lets see what they answer. I´m not going to make a fuzz out of 4,-€
    I just find it scary, that someone sells this piece of total crap. They want money for this. haha. I would have to be payed to fly over it.
    I have deleted the scenery, the downloaded zip files. Everything. I mean what happened there. And I didnt even looks for the worst. Its all the same. Actually, its so bad that it makes me laugh. clown
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:48 pm

I would not hold your breath DB i complained bitterly a couple of years ago, having bought Florida which was awful, with no answer until i published it on mutleys then the owner there forced me to write an apology to pc aviator which i did grudgingly. I still get emails from pc aviator enticing me to buy something ( i would rather have a frontal lobotomy them buy from them again ) and despite several emails from me to the us owner outlining my complaint they still send me unsolicited emails ,and still no apology or acknowlegement that they have ever received my emails.

There is no doubt that MSE is better than the stock fsx offering, in most cases, and in most cases it is not expensive, whether it is good value for money is down to the individual, but the problem occurs once you have made your own scenery and you know that they are using the same sources as us. As we have all discovered, making your own scenery spoils you and makes us expect to be able to buy better than we make, because we are such rank amateurs at it. One does not expect to pay good money for something much worse than we would make free of charge.

I am willing to bet the MSE x4 offerings dont sell well and that before long they will be offering x8 offerings which will be closer to what we make.
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:53 pm

I will buy at PCaviator if the price is right. I just wont buy Megascenery. They have showed me that they dont care a dime about what they do.
    They dont even respect themselves, so how is it possible to respect them? Poor guys, I feel sorry for them. It must not be nice to write all the PR they do for such a poor product.

It was worth the 4,-€ to buy their crap. Now i know and it was cheap knowledge.

(And if anyone here will try to force me to write an apology to PCaviator, then I´ll just laugh rabbit  )
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:06 pm

donnybalonny wrote:

(And if anyone here will try to force me to write an apology to PCaviator, then I´ll just laugh rabbit  )

lol!
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:12 pm

DB, I have to confess to owning almost all of MSE offerings. I have all the USA, except Florida, Wisconsin and Michigan. I also have all of their Europe. But I use it as I am a Airbus flyer so it makes for a better out of the window view rater than the stock FSX/ORBX rows of tiles.

I usually do not fly below 4000' so can get away with it.. Also on take off and landing I am to busy scratching my head than look out of the window.. Smile Smile
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:45 pm

Jaydor,
    The Spain screenshots you have posted here look 10000 times better than what I bought.
    So its a matter of consistancy.
    It tells a hell of a lot about a develloper when they accept poor consistancy in their work. That makes me stay away, because I will never know the quality of the next product.
    It was a test buy, and I´m glad I did so, because it taught me to stay away.

I also fly jets. I have Orbx global/vector/OpenLC EU and its ok for me when I´m at FL300. Besides, I´m normally so busy on approach that I dont really have the time to look much out of the windows.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:15 am

COPIED FROM MY POST...."VIRTUAL EARTH AND FSET"

It suddenly hit me over super that all the documentation I have been reading about FSET and satellite images dates back to 2008 and earlier. So I guess that the satellite images were very poor quality and that is why 80% compression quality was not recommended in FSET. However now with far better quality images we are able to use this new setting and not notice any degradation in the image quality.

Perhaps MSE are using those very old satellite images?
    kevinfirth

Post by kevinfirth on Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:05 pm

britfrog wrote:I would not hold your breath DB i complained bitterly a couple of years ago, having bought Florida which was awful,  with no answer until i published it on mutleys then the owner there forced me to write an apology to pc aviator which i did grudgingly. I still get emails from pc aviator enticing me to buy something ( i would rather have a frontal lobotomy them buy from them again ) and despite several emails from me to the us owner outlining my complaint they still send me unsolicited emails ,and still no apology or acknowlegement that they have ever received my emails.

There is no doubt that MSE is better than the stock fsx offering, in most cases, and in most cases it is not expensive, whether it is good value for money is down to the individual, but the problem occurs once you have made your own scenery and you know that they are using the same sources as us. As we have all discovered, making your own scenery spoils you and makes us expect to be able to buy better than we make, because we are such rank amateurs at it. One does not expect to pay good money for something much worse than we would make free of charge.

I am willing to bet the MSE x4 offerings dont sell well and that before long they will be offering x8 offerings which will be closer to what we make.

Gents, I can tell you this. The older photoscenery products sold as MSE and MSE2 were produced for PCAviator by another separate company. There have been similar issues raised with PCAviator recently about their MSE x4 product which is produced for them by another different company again (only produced in two states to date I believe).

I know that a current active FSX/P3D developer is working with PCAviator to highlight and address the product deficiencies purely because they are similarly aghast and concerned about the issues raised.

However, the proof of the pudding is always in the eating, and I haven't yet seen any reworked examples to demonstrate improvements that we would expect to see in a commercial scenery. Watch this space ====>
    donnybalonny

Post by donnybalonny on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:10 pm

I send a mail 2 days ago and still no answer. If you read around on forums, PCaviator/megasceneryearth is famous for not replying to mails. Their whole attitude tells me no to rely on them.
    Its easyer to buy a photoscenery than making it yourself, but if the "pro" quality is like what I just bought, then I think I prefer going slow and make my own.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:35 pm