SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

PMDG Prices

jaydor

PMDG Prices

Post by jaydor on Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:14 am

I notice that the PMDG 777 base pack for P3D is now a staggering £87. At that price it makes you think twice.

I am not one for being mean to myself, but is PMDG just inflating the price because of the snob value in the community?

good job I have it for FSX when it came out @£49.
    donnybalonny

Re: PMDG Prices

Post by donnybalonny on Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:40 pm

Jaydor, I can tell you that putting price on your hard work is extremely difficult. Just like its difficult to understand why others earn twice than you do for the same job.

87pounds is a lot of money, but if you really like PMDG's way of doing things, it may be a lot cheaper than buying 3 cheaper addons that wont satisfy you. The PMDG will keep you occupied for a loooooong time, just in order to start the darn thing .

For me its simple.. The PMDG jets are to much work. To procedural, to mental, so I dont care about their price.
    I have the JS41 and its great and almost acceptable when it comes to learning curve. I´m looking forward to the DC-3 that roumors say they will make one day after they have finished the DC-6. They should both be more lightweight. like the JS41.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:05 pm

DB, I agree they are good products as I have the 747-400, 737NGX and the 777-200,  I also agree with the time consuming work it takes to bring such high immersion to our sims. It takes me awhile when I paint their aircraft that I upload for free, but I think the price is still far to high for P3D..  We know there has been some update to the aircraft files for transfer to P3D but not enough work to justify a 87% increase in price..  So it works out at £200 for P3D then £87 for 1 aircraft, that is not a good business option for most people who struggle to stay in the Flight Sim world..  There is a rumour that LM wishes to drop the Flight Simmer in favour of the military world, these new prices seem a good start to end the association..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:08 pm