SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

True British Hero

G-GMDH

True British Hero

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Feb 11, 2018 10:12 pm

In the great days of the British Empire, a new commanding officer was sent to a South African bush outpost to relieve the retiring colonel. After welcoming his replacement and showing the usual courtesies (gin and tonic, cucumber sandwiches, etc.) which protocol decrees, the retiring colonel said, "You must meet my Adjutant, Captain Smithers, he's my right-hand man and is really the strength of this office. His talent is simply boundless.”

Smithers was summoned and introduced to the new CO, who was surprised to meet a hunchback, one eyed, toothless, hairless, scabbed and pockmarked specimen of humanity, a particularly unattractive man less than three feet tall. "Smithers, old man, tell your new CO about yourself."

"Well, sir, I played cricket for England, graduated with honours from Sandhurst, won the Military Cross and Bar after three expeditions behind enemy lines. I've represented Great Britain in equestrian events and won a Silver Medal in the middleweight boxing division of the Olympics. I have researched the history of . . . "

At that point, the colonel interrupted. "Yes, yes, never mind all that, Smithers, he can find all that in your file. Tell him about the day you told the witch doctor to fuck off."

Admin
    Admin

Re: True British Hero

Post by Admin on Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:25 am

Having been brought up in the Caribbean with both my parents working i was actually raised by our elderly maid who was a shaman (witch doctor) , which was interesting at times and i still heed some of the things she taught me some 55 years ago, however hardly a day passed when there was not some person standing outside the house on the road seeking Flossies advice/help. ( back then black people never entered a white persons property without being invited)

we advanced people scoff at the thought of them having any power or use but i have seen people touched by voodoo and it is certainly something you dont take lightly it can have literally terminal results.

But a nice story Mike I will send it to an old friend

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:47 am