SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

updating/reinstalling win 7

Admin
    Admin

updating/reinstalling win 7

Post by Admin on Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:02 pm

over the last few days i have been suffering some corruption on my business hard drive which has been cured using chkdsk but the fact that certain corrupted files have been removed means that my windows is now quite flakey. it will not see for example 2 drives that are connected and other problems , so i have been pondering whether to upgrade to win 10 which I have on 2 other drives, However there are aspects of win 10 that i severly do not like, like having no choice of what updates need to be installed and its spyware . also this week win 10 took it upon itself to delete 2 folders in a vanilla download of xp11 why???? so have now deleted windows protection
    another cause of concern was this recent scare on these intel cpu's i do not want to download any fix that reduces my p.c's performance the security aspect of this fix doesnt worry me in the least but with win 10 it will install the fix and my p.c. will fall on the floor

So I want to stay with win 7 !! but the thought of 350 updates is enough to put anyone off especially if you have to download them from the purposely slow m.s. server

I magine my surprise when i found this article

https://www.howtogeek.com/255435/how-to-update-windows-7-all-at-once-with-microsofts-convenience-rollup/

so now I can download 3 files which update my old win 7 to sp1 and only download a years worth of updates

I have decided this is what I will try to do and if it works bin win 10 and re install win 7 there as well

Admin
    Admin

Re: updating/reinstalling win 7

Post by Admin on Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:59 pm

well that link worked very well indeed almost made reinstalling win 7 painless, mins you it goes to show how old that win 7 installation was all the dvd's and cd's for installation were too old I had to download motherboard and printer drivers etc from the internet.
    Now have to have long ponder on what to do with Win 10 because i have lost all confidence in it.

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 pm