SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own photoscenery, orthoscenery, Aircraft Re-paints or Missions who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

Re-Installing Windows 10

britfrog

Re-Installing Windows 10

Post by britfrog on Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:15 pm

Once upon a time, not that long ago, windows was not as reliable as it now is, so one was accustomed to re-installing windows regularly , whether it was because of some corruption on the hard drive or worse. but back then one knew all that was involved, plus windows was a lot simpler. move ahead a few years and yesterday I found that (through my own fault) That I had some corrupted files and chkdsk or the win 10 equivalent could not fix it, and even when windows 7 fixed it I could tell from the boot up time that all was not well. So a win 10 reinstallation was the order of the day (reset) this took a couple of hours and although windows appeared correct afterward the boot up time still had hangs and XP11 crashed without reason periodically.
    What to do I realised that a disk format was the only solution but i had never done it with the new version of win10. and it aint like it used to be!!
    so having perused some you tube videos i dove in at the deep end, isnt it sad that we now need to watch a video to reinstall windows when a few years ago it was simple? and straightforward?
    This is progress!! at least Microsoft think so!!
    windows 7 was so much easier! but I do not want to spend the next 2 days updating windows with the 378 updates that it apparently needs, IF you can find them so I bite the bullet and stay with win10, it does have some neat features though.
    one little trick it did and i have no idea how it managed it, as all my other drives were disconnected, was as it first booted up it made the background one of my windows 7 FSX photos of the sinhaven 737 flying over Venice, the hard drive had been formatted and a new installation of win 10 so how did it know or find my photo?? Weird
    careful Mike they are watching us!!
    G-GMDH

Re: Re-Installing Windows 10

Post by G-GMDH on Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:22 am

I told you that MS are watching your every move, for the time being I'm sticking with Win 7. Remember what we keep trying to tell ourselves, "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Current date/time is Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:19 pm