SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

graphic differences between our sims

Admin
    Admin

graphic differences between our sims

Post by Admin on Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:35 pm

Since starting to "play" with X plane 11 i have been blown away by the quality and sharpness of how it portrays photoscenery, yes there is still a way to go for me as I await european airfields to fly between but there is enough packaged with XP to keep one interested and there are more coming online almost on a daily basis let alone what will come with the new update.

So I went back to the old simsfsx gold and p3dv4 and flew the same region around here using the same google scenery from fset and i was surprised at what i found.

while neither fsx or p3dv4 produce as good photoscenery as XP  to fly around I was surprised at how poor p3dv4 was compared with fsx gold. i had always known due to their silly LOD radius  that p3d was not as sharp as fsx but in this case it is purely the sim as both fsx gold and p3d share the same hard drive

so I have to renounce my previous statement that p3d was the kiddy  I will upload a few pics later

the first photo is from gold check out the clarity of the small industrial complex  on the right

then comes p3d
    same height  a few miles away from the last

now xp and back to the industrial  site

no image sharpening has been done , i have increased the contrast slightly in the xp pic to make the scenery a similar colour

for the life of me i cannot understand why p3d is so bad

Current date/time is Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:26 pm