SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

a very interesting comparison between photoscenery in fsx, p3d, and xp11

britfrog

a very interesting comparison between photoscenery in fsx, p3d, and xp11

Post by britfrog on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:02 pm

all the pics were taken over the same village at the same height both fsx and p3d had their LOD at the default level , fsx and p3d imagery was the same at level 0 xp11 scenery by g2xld was at level 19  (their max) whereas with fsx /p3d we can go 4 levels higher in definition.
    this is gold looking down

p3d looking down not quite as sharp as fsx

and xp11

looking down the river in fsx

and in p3d

and in xp11

the mountain in fsx

in p3d

and in xp11

coclusion:

what is quite clear is that p3d does not produce photoscenery as well as fsx gold, and despite using the same server xp11 stops their sim from producing similar images why???
    the interesting thing is that scenery at a distance in xp 11 is much clearer than the other 2, plus when you are flying xp11 despite the images being less sharp, you feel that the sim is clearer, and more realistic, how does that work??? but the images in xp11 appear bleached or hazy compared to fsx etc
    needless to say the rivers are shit in xp11, i will need to find a prog to remove their stupidity
    however the fields and mountains in the last pic look better in xp11
    jaydor

Re: a very interesting comparison between photoscenery in fsx, p3d, and xp11

Post by jaydor on Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:41 pm

I think it's a shame flying under 3500' in any sim at max LOD in photo scenery will never be real sharp.  Try the same shots at 5000' to compare with these.
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:47 am

INTERESTING MR. BOND...............................For what its worth this is P3D v 4.

Satellite (Bing) download resolution in FSET 1 M LOD 15

SIM SET TO LEVEL OF DETAIL RADIUS = MAX, TEXTURE RESOLUTION = 7 CM AND MESH = 1 M.

SAME LOCATIONS

2227 feet

2225 feet

Aircraft repaint courtesy of JAYDOR
    britfrog

Post by britfrog on Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:56 pm

yeah mike mine was v4 as well,
    it just shows how much better fsx is than anything else with photoscenery
    however if you didnt have fsx and p3d to compare with xp 11 although it appears faded or not so strong oncolours and contrast actually looks ok and is much clearer to the eye than any of the others at a distance.

I will have some new images from xp 11 in the near future which will show a huge improvement especially in clarity, as I have finally today got my head around properly how G2xpl works as in all these things the people that create these programs have a poor command of Inglish and expect you to understand compu-parlance
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:13 pm

Having studied various pictures and videos I'm still not sold on XP 11 and here are some pictures to show how they compare in the same location of North Wales.......................

XP 11

P3D v 4

In XP you always seem to be looking through some sort of mist effect and the colours look washed out compared to home made scenery using FSET.

I look forward Nigel to seeing your future high quality scenery.

Admin
    Admin

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:19 pm

There are those that will say the mist or haze is more realistic in xp11 , for my part I cannot ever remember flying in Gin clear weather, more often than not you were straining to see an airfield that was 3 miles away, especially in the UK so perhaps FSX is unrealistic ???Smile

and another thing you told us you had binned xp11 ?????hmmmmm?

hedging our bets are we???
    G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:25 pm

I have ditched XP the picture was lifted from a video. I found this tutorial in my web browsing which may be of some use to you?

https://youtu.be/cSthS95dBzM

For now P3D v 4 to quote your expression "Is the Daddy"

Cheers Mike.
    jaydor

Post by jaydor on Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:59 pm

G-GMDH wrote:I have ditched XP the picture was lifted from a video. I found this tutorial in my web browsing which may be of some use to you?

https://youtu.be/cSthS95dBzM

For now P3D v 4 to quote your expression "Is the Daddy"

Cheers Mike.

That's a naughty one Mike comparing from a copied video shot that can not possibly compare with straight sim shot. Go straight to jail and do not collect £200.

Xp can only get better, P3D4 will never catch up with it because it is still using the FSX code. Each time LM alters a little of the code they call it a new version and charge you $150 for the privileged.

But in the end it is, whatever you are happy with that is the main subject; so comparing is a waste of time unless you are feeling insecure with your sim. If so come and get a cwtch from my neighbor from hell next door...

G-GMDH

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:30 pm

Blow the Sim lets get next door..............................................M cheers

All joking aside one man's meat is another man's poison, as I stated earlier at the moment P3D works faster in my humble PC compared to both FSX Gold and Steam, testing the demo XP brought it to the floor.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:49 pm