SimHaven

Hi, Welcome to Simhaven the Friendly Worldwide Forum for Flight Simulation
If you are a member please log in here,

if you wish to be a member please use the Register button

This International Haven is for Enthusiasts of Flight Simulation, Especially those interested in creating their own scenery, or Aircraft Re-paints who are looking for a friendly, Informative clubhouse atmosphere.

photoscenery

Admin
    Admin

photoscenery

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:20 pm

For reasons i have yet to understand/discover the scenery in XP 11 is not a patch on what we can create for fsx/p3d having spent the last 12 hours downloading my area at the maximum possible definition , the end result is something that you can use for anything over 5000 feet or big a/c but under that it really is pretty poor.
    somewhere along the line , i have yet to discover if it is x plane or the scanning software they add rivers which are jagged like lightening and they can also add a rocky coastline to the nice sandy beaches also the colours appear bleached out compared to fset WHY??? it is the same download server!!!

However as we all know it is still early days so shall keep a watch on the up and coming developments so despite there being some wow moments it is still fsx for me

i will post some pics later
    G-GMDH

Re: photoscenery

Post by G-GMDH on Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:27 pm

That's very interesting and also disappointing for XP however FSET will take some beating given good quality satellite images. I'm sticking with homemade scenery, auto-gen and P3D v 4. Working on New Zealand photo scenery as I type.

Current date/time is Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:04 am